How to change your PLDT MyDSL router’s name and password
When PLDT upgraded our DSL modem, they changed it into a modem + wireless router device so there’s no need for our old router. By default when using this router, your network ID is PLDTMyDSL.
While the default ID doesn’t matter to me, it does when other household are also using it. My in-laws use the same router so they have the same network ID and it’s such a hassle having to forget and enter the WiFi password whenever we go there.
With that problem, it was time for me to change our router’s network ID. Here’s how I did it.
1. On your browser, go to http://192.168.1.1 to access the router’s admin page. The default username and password for the PROLiNK H5004N router is:
2. Once logged in, click Wireless and go to Basic Settings.
3. See the SSID field? That’s the name of your WiFi network. Try typing on it and it will always append PLDTMyDSL at the beginning of whatever name you use.
If you’re ok with it, change it then Save then go to section below to change your password. If not, head to the next step.
4. I hope you’re using Chrome browser because you’re gonna need its element inspector feature. Right-click on the SSDID field then choose Inspect Element.
5. A pane will appear at the bottom with the highlighted code. Don’t worry, it’s not that complicated. Right-click the “onkeyup” and select Edit Attribute.
6. Delete the whole thing.
7. Then go back to the SSID field and type in whatever name you want. Save when you’re done.
The router will reset and you need to login again on your device to the new name.
Changing your password
If you find it difficult to memorize the default password assigned by PLDT’s router, you can also change it by going to Wireless > Security.
Just change it in the Pre-Shared Key then Save your changes.